Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Music notes

1. Unless there is another Esther K., I won a copy of the new album from the beautiful Jenn Grant from I (heart) Music. Hurray! I never win things. Thank you, Matt.


2. There are many mysteries in Toronto, the greatest one of them being why not everyone in this city knows about Bruce Peninsula. Their CD release was Sunday, and they were definitely worth ditching the adorable Dustin Lance Black for. I also met the lovely Casey Mecija of Ohbijou and freaked out a bit, arms flailing included, and I'm pretty sure I freaked her out too but it was good times for all. Anyway, watch two of Bruce Peninsula's power songs here and here.

3. Posters have gone up in the school calling for performers for our annual coffee house. A part of me wants to sign up, but most of me says "you will probably have a panic attack and throw up on stage and be hurled into the dungeon for being so ridiculous and you'll probably have to dig your way out of the creepy basement with a spoon".

3 comments:

TM said...

A few things:

1) YOU MET PART OF OHBIJOU? NOT FAIR IN THE LEAST.

2) Sign up for that coffee house. I dare you.

esther said...

I did! And as I found out later, she's a part of Bruce Peninsula. She was setting up a row of chairs and I started talking about Wikipedia like a crazy person.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the CDs! :)