Saturday, October 17, 2009

(unfortunate) Wonders of the world

So I went to see the ever-wonderful Dan Mangan last night. We packed up the place, sang along to every song, crowd-surfed a robot, and I got to play some rhythm instruments for the last song (jealous?). Dan is, perhaps, gaining momentum as fast as any that I know about, and he deserves it. When I saw him just six months ago, he was amazed that people were throwing out song requests, and that people of Toronto were listening to him at all. But that tune is changed, and his songs are aging better and better.


Anyway, my lovely friend Sharmin brought along some friends--and among them Michelle, who pointed out that Dan looks like Seth Rogen...



I'm sorry if I ruined it for anyone.

Also, I've been absent lately--things are exciting over on this end, I am doing more art than I have in a very long time, and I would love to show you what I'm working on very, very soon. Hope everyone's building nice igloos for the winter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh. I guess you didn't hear the Stephen Harper comparison as well? MY FRIENDS ARE INSANE. Clearly. And I'm in deep denial.

Great gig though! I could see him live every day and still want more.

TM said...

This should diminish my love, but no. Not it doesn't.